Friday, April 26, 2013

Refinishing furniture-Distressing ideas-Shabby Chic

I've been admiring the distressed look in furniture that is all over Pinterest. I want to do something like that with this blue chest of drawers.
I'm thinking I want it a lighter color with the blue coming through. 




 After viewing some YouTube videos and searching the internet, I'm ready to try this project.

First step, remove the hardware. Then start sanding.

Of course, Capone needed to check things out..



Sanding, sanding and more sanding!

 It's looking pretty good. I'm liking this weathered look.

 Ok, that part is done. Next I wiped it down with a damp cloth to remove all the dust.
Now I'm going shopping for some paint to apply over the blue. Then I'm going to sand it again. Can't wait to see what it looks like. I've never painted furniture before...Have you? If you have any tips for me, please leave them in the yellow comment box below. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment