I came across this idea from a book on Amazon called:
By Michael deMeng and Andrea Matus deMeng
So here is how to play if you wanted to join in:
- All you have to do is make a piece of art. (as simple or as elegant as you like)
- Write a little note on it explaining that it is a gift
- Also mention that if the finder would like to share info about its fate they can contact you directly i.e. email. Then you can share the info with us if you are so inclined. Its not a bad idea to leave you're web address contact info…you never know…you might have created a new patron.
- Photograph what you're leaving behind
- Then leave it…walk away…run…try not to get caught.
- Then on Facebook share the location and photo of your gift with the rest of us. Here's the group address: http://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtAbandonment/
- Keep your fingers crossed that someone lets us know what became of it. I certainly doubt that everyone will take the time to inform the group. A few artists have already been contacted by the "finders".
You can join on Facebook too.